How to connect your personal Zoom account to Recess
Note: This requires some technical knowledge. Please be aware that you are connecting your personal zoom account at your own discretion. Please take the time to carefully read through this article.
Important information to note before connecting your personal Zoom account/BYOZoom
1. You have to have a paid license for Zoom
2. The max number in your paid license is the max number of participants you can have in the class roster
Linking your personal Zoom
1. Log into your zoom.us account
2. Select the square icon in the upper right-hand corner to see what email address is associated with your account
3. Copy your email address
4. Log into your Instructor Dashboard, hover over Tools and press Profile
5. Select Settings and scroll until you see Virtual Video Platform
6. Toggle on Zoom meetings and enter the email address associated with your personal Zoom account
7. Next you will enter your API Key and API Secret from your Personal Zoom Account. Directions below:
How to find your API Key and API Secret
1. Sign into your personal Zoom
2. In the Solutions tab, select Marketplace
- In the upper right-hand corner, select Develop > Build App
4. In the first box you will see (JWT), please select create
5. Fill in your basic information
- Enter your App Name (it can be whatever you want)
- Enter a short description
- Enter your company name
- Enter your personal information
- After this is completed, click continue.
6. Next, you will see a page with App Credentials
7. Copy your API Secret and API Key from this page and add them to the appropriate fields on your Recess Zoom page **DO NOT SELECT SAVE**
8. Once this step is completed, please go back to your personal Zoom account and press Continue
9. Next, you will see an Add feature section. **Do not copy your API Verification Token yet.**
- Toggle on the event subscriptions
- Click +Add Event Subscription under Event Subscriptions
- Next, enter “Download Ready” as under the Subscription name Field
- Then, enter https://recess.tv/1.0/zoom/download-ready as the Event notification endpoint URL.
- Press + Add Events
- On the left-hand side, select Recording, then select All Recordings have completed
- Then click Done
- You will be brought back to the Event subscriptions section. Once you are here click Save
18. You will now see a Verification Token. Please copy the verification code the press continue
19. Go back to the Zoom Tab on your Recess.tv account and input the Verification Token in the field shown below
20. Click Save my API Credentials… and you are done!
Note: All zoom links will be automatically emailed to your clients about 2 hours before the class.