Setting Up and Managing Memberships: Subscriptions
What is a Subscription?
A Subscription is a membership option for class credits that auto-renews on a time basis (weekly, monthly, etc.).
The subscription of class credits can include any combination of classes (Virtual, In-Person, Private Virtual, Private In-Person, On-Demand) and collections. You can also offer class-specific packages such as cycling classes, boxing classes, HIIT classes, and more! You can edit the details anytime; they will change on your client's next renewal. If you unpublish a subscription, it will not renew for the client. Read the rest of the article for more information.
How do I create a Subscription?
- To create a custom membership, head over to the Products tab and select the "Subscription/Package" option
- Once you are here, please press the "+" button to Create a New Package.
- Enter the Name of your subscription at the top of the page
- You will see an option to make this membership a Package or a Subscription. Press “Subscription.”
- Choose the Renewal Frequency. It can be: weekly, monthly, or yearly, or you also can customize the period of your choice, for example, after 45 days.
- Enable or disable the following options:
a) Add an introductory offer. Toggle this on if you want your package to have an introductory offer. More information about setting up an introductory offer can be found here: https://recesstv.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/8133660195735-Membership-Trial-Periods
b) Hidden on profile. Toggle this on if you want your package to be hidden on your public profile. Clients with a direct link will still be able to purchase this package.
c) Allow client to cancel online. Toggle this off if you do not want clients to be able to cancel packages themselves. You will need to cancel all packages for them.
- Next enter your Subscription details:
a) Short description. This short description will be displayed to clients on the card’s header when they are choosing which membership to purchase.
b) Amount. How much will the membership cost your clients?
c) Long description. This long description will be shown to clients on the Membership Details page. Please only fill out either the long description or the formatted description.
d) Formatted description. Instead of the plain text long description, you can also add rich text and a video to a class description. Click here to learn more information. Please only fill out either the long description or the formatted description.
- Next decide what content can be redeemed with this Subscription:
a) Categories included. Which class categories can be redeemed with this membership?
Class types included. Which class types are included, and how many credits for each class type can be redeem with this membership?
c) Mix and Match. Toggle this on to Mix and Match classes. When you select this option, you can include however many class credits you would like. Clients can use these credits however they'd like. When using this option, enter the total number of credits next to the Mix and Match toggle. Then under each class type, make sure to choose Mix & Match from the dropdown.
- Next, you can auto-enroll clients into your live classes if they purchase the class pack. This is great for challenges or if you'd like clients to avoid worrying about signing up for class! Clients will not have to sign up for classes on their own, but they will receive a confirmation email for the classes and a reminder email 2 hours before the start of class. Select Auto-enroll clients into classes and choose the classes you want to include. More information about how to use the auto-enroll feature can be found here: https://recesstv.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/6005832204183-Auto-Enroll-Membership-Dash-2-0-
- If your subscription has a contract, please, enable this option under "Contract Terms." An example of a contract is a subscription where clients cannot cancel for at least 1 year after signing up. If your subscription does not have a contract, skip this step.
Here you have a few options to select:
a) Does this subscription have a contract? Toggle this on if this subscription has a contract.
b) Allow Clients to cancel online after contract ends. Toggle this on if you want to allow your clients to cancel the renewal of their subscription on their own. Toggle this off if you want clients to contact you to cancel subscriptions.
c) Auto-renews after contract ends. Toggle this on if you want the subscription to continue renewing after the contract duration is over. Toggle this off if you want the subscription to end after the contract duration is over.
d) Contract Duration. Enter the length of the contract. You can choose any number of weeks, months, or years.
- Lastly, you can add a thumbnail for the membership. Note the recommended size.
- Once you are done creating your subscription, double-check to make sure everything looks correct. Then Save as Published or Unpublished if you do not want the subscription to be live yet!
How do I edit a Subscription?
- Navigate to the membership that you want to edit. Click the Edit button on the top right corner.
- Once you are in Edit Mode, you can either edit a current version of a membership or create a new version of a membership. A few notes on editing:
a) All edits made to the current version take effect immediately.
b) To edit fields that are disabled, you must create a new version.
c) Creating a new version will unpublish the current version.
d) All clients on the current version will be switched to the new version on their Renewal Date.
To create a new version, click the +Create New Version button.
- Make any changes you need and click Save!